Annually, our learners from Years 2-6, are encouraged to apply to be part of our school parliament, they are asked to share how they would contribute and engage in moving their school forward. It is important that our Pupil Parliament represents the views of all our pupils. It gives children the opportunity to make their voices heard and feel part of the whole school community.
We use some of the money raised by 'Friends of Ysgol Cae'r Nant', to help us make some 'big' decisions. Some of the decisions our school parliament have been involved in this year are;
- Buying goals for our playground for when we play football
- Asking for extra bikes and games for us to use during our break and lunch times
- Sharing our thoughts with the Head and Assistant Headteacher on what we think about the amazing Mantle of the Expert
- Carrying out learning walks to see how good our school is and to share any ideas we have, for making it even better.
- Presented information to the whole school about our concerns on keeping our hands clean after going to the bathroom!