Mantle of the Expert - Supertato 🥔🍆🌶🌽🥕🥦
The children came in today to find the Evil Pea had been up to his old tricks again. He had saved a picture of himself and his minions as our desktop picture 🖥😱 he had even stolen Mrs Jones’ lunch and set them up in various traps. He thought the children would never be able to free the foods.
The children had to pop bubbles, untie knots, cut through string, search for hidden keys, count and then match Numicon shapes with the correct numbered key and even use their super strength to peel back super sticky tape 💪
Thankfully, the children were quick to act, they managed to rescue Mrs Jones’ lunch just in time for 12:00. They then set to work creating traps to catch the Evil Pea and his minions. We were blown away by the children’s creativity, imagination and cooperative learning. We had all sorts of tricks and traps from Pea Parties to Pea Movies all designed to lure in the peas before their capture.
Jan. - 18th March 20.
Our story focus for this half term has been Supertato. . . . It's a quiet night in the supermarket when an evil pea breaks in and starts causing chaos amongst the other vegetables! Malevolent in his black mask, the evil pea tips over juice boxes, pushes foods around and ties up the asparagus on the conveyor belt. There is only one vegetable who can save the day...SUPERTATO! What follows is a glorious chase around the supermarket; Supertato nearly gets mashed and even falls into the icy depths of the freezer. However, Supertato manages to trick the evil pea into falling into jelly and all the vegetables are saved!
The children have so far completed the following activities as part of our Supertato mantle:
* listened to the story of Supertato
* used their story eyes whilst listening to supermarket background noise, really helping the children imagine they were in a supermarket, the children described to their friends what they could see in the supermarket
* took turns to work together to record using pictures and annotations what they could ‘see, feel and hear’ in the supermarket
* drew simple plans of the supermarket, labelling the different areas
* investigated a strange green slime left by the Evil Pea and his minions
* rescued some of the vegetables from the Evil Pea’s trap